Home  >> Developers Forum  >> i40e Help

Saffi

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-04-04 20:40:52
[ i40e Help ]

Hey,

I have bought an i40e Bluetooth module and also a BS005 Mini Dongle, but i can't seem to find the i40e module, I have connected the 3.3v and also the ground. the dongle picks up other Bluetooth devices, but its not picking up an "unknown device" which is what the module is by default. Tried resetting the module by connecting pin 11 to 3.3v through a 10k resistor, but still no results.

any tips?

Thanks,

Saffi.

Saffi

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-04-04 21:29:50

NVM got it.. but ill need help with other things :P

Saffi

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-04-04 22:51:35

OK, so I have hit another road block. I am trying to communicate with the i40e. I have tried using putty/hyper terminal private edition, but the AT commands don't seem to be doing anything, I can see that there are bits being sent as I type them, but I cant confirm if I am getting a reply.

The only command I have tried is "AT". I am expecting to get an "OK" back, but I cant see anything. anyone know what program i should use to comunicate to the i40e module? or is there something wrong that I am doing?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Saffi.

Lee

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-04-11 02:23:26

3.3v is right, and the the discovery mode is set by default. You can first try to use other device, for example, your mobile phone to search your i40e module. If the module still can not be found by any other devices, then there may be some problem with your module. Contact the seller for a new one.

Saffi

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-04-20 18:11:32

I got tired of messing with the module and gave up. now I am back and trying to continue what i was doing before.

I have managed to find and connect to the module, I have also done the loop back test on the module aswell. and seems to work fine up till then. (Loop back test was performed by sending a character from the laptop to the module and shorting the Tx and the Rx so the sent character would be sent back to the computer, and this was a success.)

After the loop back test, i tried sending data from my Mega8 micro controller to the laptop, but this seems to not be working. This data is simply values being sent out from my ADC to USART to the module's Tx pin. I can confirm that the data can be transmitted, as I have tested it with my TTL 232 USB serial connection and i can get the data on my laptop; but when I use the same data with the module I don't get anything on the Laptop. I can confirm the Tx pin is receiving the data, as I can put an Oscilloscope an see data bit on the modules Tx pin. it's just not being transmitted to the laptop.

I have made sure the baud rate is the same.

I have made sure that I am reading the right COM port

I have tried the loop back test various times

The only connections i have made on the module are the 3.3V, GNG, Tx and Rx. 

There is something very minute that I am missing and I can't seem to put my finger on it. Could it be the hardware flow control, since I haven't connected those? Am I not sending some sort of start bit?

Any help would greatly be appreciated! and thanks Lee, for replying before.

Cheers.

Lee

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-04-27 23:50:31

I asked your question to our i40e egineer, and he told me that you should not send data to modules's Tx pin but to Rx.

poonam

Add new friend

ligape

Add new friend

Posted at 2022-04-19 20:38:45

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.