Home  >> Developers Forum  >> A2DP audio streaming parameters (codec!) setup

Milu

Add new friend

Posted at 2012-11-09 07:29:53
[ A2DP audio streaming parameters (codec!) setup ]

I recently purchased an A2DP sink (Logitech Wireless Audio Adapter repoted to support more codecs than just SBC), and an A2DP source (Hama Bluetooth USB dongle) coming with BlueSoleil 5.4.277.0 (apparently released not before September 2009 - timestamps on EXE files).

The sound quality is flat, dull, poor. I suspect this is caused by the sink and the source agreeing on the SBC codec. The Logitech audio sink is reported to support more than just SBC, and so is the Hama audio source.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003A2GIOW/ Hama
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004ZH0RSY/ Logitech

I found the following information in the A2DP specification (PDF on the web, Release Date: 22 May 2003):

"During such set up procedure, the devices select the most suitable audio streaming parameters." (A2DP 3.1)

This procedure is examplified in A2DP 13 (Appendix C):

"… Get Capabilities procedure is initiated to collect service capabilities of the SNK.
There are two kinds of service capabilities; one is an application service capability
and the other is a transport service capability. The application service capability for
A2DP consists of audio codec capability and content protection capability. …"

"Based on collected SEP information and service capabilities, the SRC determines
the most suitable audio streaming parameters (codec, content protection and
transport service) for the SNK and the SRC itself. Then, SRC requests the SNK to
configure the audio parameters of the SNK by using the Stream Configuration
procedure. The SRC also configures the audio parameters of itself."

I'm a consumer, but I'm also a developer. Is there a way for me to configure BlueSoleil to output logging / tracing / debugging information of device capabilities and audio streaming parameters setup? How would I do so?

Thanks for any help or information you are able to provide.

poonam

Add new friend

ligape

Add new friend

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.