Home  >> Developers Forum  >> Usage of code from sdkSample

Jim

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-05-28 09:16:06
[ Usage of code from sdkSample ]

Could an IVT person or member here inform me can we use portions of the code from the sdkSample.  My .NET wrapper is progressing and I'm taking the approach of doing most of the 'heavy lifting' in C/C++ to present more friendly/usable structures to .NET code.  That said some of the code in the sample would do the job nicely and why re-invent the wheel as they say.  Also found a couple of improvements one can make to their code as well !

So... I'm happy to state portions of this code are copyright IVT Corporation if that is what they would like even though I may change a few things !

Anybody else used portions of their code ?

Thanks, 

Jim 

pierrotm777

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-01 23:22:47

Where we can found your .NET wrapper please ?

We work with several friends on a code that use the BS SDK .

http://www.mp3car.com/forum/mp3car-technical-software/front-ends/road-runner/rr-plugins/rr-plugins-in-progress/2579831-new-bt-mobilephone-plugin

Jim

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-03 05:38:35

pierrotm777,

I have only just started writing it. Depending on which profiles I write wrapper code for it could take a little while to finish !

At this stage I'm having a small issue getting the data in C# from a struct in the C++ that has an array of a complex type (another struct).

Will post notes here on the wrappers progress.

Jim

Jim

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-15 11:10:24

Ok :)  Solved my problem with getting data from a c++/cli wrapper back to C# by reference. 

Basically my intent is to have a base bluetooth device data class and another class that has a property that is an an array of the base class.  Method calls in the wrapper will return an integer or boolean to indicate if the call was successful and the data will be returned back into a variable by reference that is passed to the method.

So next step is creating the base wrapper calls like initialization first then looking at the various profiles.  I will probably do the AVRCP profile first as that is what I need then add to it.

Jim 

COMpulse

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-18 04:03:35

I decided to post my Blue Soleil wrapper code to github.  

Bluetooth Profiles I've wrapped in VB.NET:
PBAP - PhoneBook Access Profile - 99% complete.  Maybe 100%.
MAP - Message Access Profile - 95% complete. 
PAN - Personal Area Network - 99% complete.  Maybe 100%.
HFP - Hands Free Profile - 99% complete.
AVRCP - Audio/Video Remote-Control Profile - 90% complete. 
A2DP - Advanced Audio Distribution Profile - 95% complete.
FTP - File Transfer Profile - 95% complete.  Maybe 100%.
SPP - Serial Port Profile - ??% complete.
HID - Human Input Device - 10% complete.  
Pairing - Exchanging pass-keys and pairing devices - 25% complete.  I usually just do this through the Blue Soleil UI so I haven't bothered to finish coding.

Init / Connect / Disconnect / DeInit - 90% complete.

My code is pretty old-school.  No classes.  No DLLs.  No complex structures.  Just modules with functions.  Included is an example app with demonstration of how to use almost every profile function.  I haven't been working on this as much lately, but I don't want to sit on all this code when it could be helpful to other developers.

https://github.com/CompulsiveCode/BlueSol_NET/

Jim

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-21 06:06:11

Thanks COMpulse .  I will take a look at your implementation !

I'm building my wrapper as a DLL passing classes as it's part of a much bigger application.  Also it means I can use the DLL in other code as it will be a standalone wrapper for use in other applications.  Also my intent is to make the returning class a little easier to consume, other than having every bluetooth field in it.

Jim

COMpulse

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-21 06:35:59

Mine can be made into a DLL.  At the moment I'm just including the source modules in my projects for easier modification of the code.  It's all reusable and modular.  It's just not compiled or used as objects/classes.  Just functions that work with the basic .Net datatypes.

I like stand-alone EXEs with no dependencies.   :-D

Jim

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-06-21 09:12:32

In my humble opinion I feel a certain vendor should be providing wrapper DLL's that can be included in projects that use high level languages, like C# or VB.NET anyway !

Jim

DavidTaylor

Add new friend

Posted at 2019-07-04 02:40:33

I would like to give out a genuine comment on your blog it is that I was very excited and happy to come across your blog which has shared to me by one the writer of academized review blog. This site has lot of information regarding my favorite software and latest updates which is good to read them.

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-01-24 07:58:22

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. หวย

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-01-29 02:25:17

I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Татуаж бровей

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-01-31 05:31:19

Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. movavi video editor crack

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-04 01:35:53

I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! Webdesigner

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-04 06:59:27

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Webdesign

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-06 00:15:14

I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. watch anime online

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-06 06:30:25

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. One Holland Village Residences Condo

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-11 00:27:58

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. 1minutebargain.com

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-11 01:38:38

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. noclegi Ustrzyki Dolne

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-11 04:44:34

Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. my response

Allen

Add new friend

Posted at 2020-02-15 04:04:06

All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks Parc Clematis showflat

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.