Home  >> Developers Forum  >> How to find a relation between virtual COM port and device

VolkerBijewitz

Add new friend

Posted at 2015-06-30 00:49:03
[ How to find a relation between virtual COM port and device ]

I try to identify and access our BlueTooth braille displays using the library 32feet.net. It has got support to enumerate BlueTooth devices on different stacks, also with installed BlueSoleil stack. It is all fine, up to the problem that I am not able to find a relation between the device and the virtual COM ports assigned to the device. I may identtify the device itself by its name. But how can I detect which virtual COM port (read by WMI) matches the device? On other stacks I do it using the network address of the connected device - it is coded into the Plug&Play-ID of the virtual COM port. But I have no idea how to find this relation under the BlueSoleil stack.

Does anybody has got a idea how I can find this relation?

All the Best,

Volker Bijewitz

Clock

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-01-01 01:54:07

Using WMI to read PnP info, check the Manufacturer.  If it's IVT then it's a Blue Soleil BT COM port.

Also, you could Enumerate BT devices, find device by that name, connect, call Btsdk_GetClientPort to get the COM port num.

Not sure if that helps, but it's all that I've got.

Lillithvantes

Add new friend

Posted at 2019-01-29 17:15:45

The relation between virtual technology and content is found for the enhancement of the goals. The approval of the relation and papersowl.com is marked for the offered and issued opinions. The virtual technology is composed for the struggle and all available items for the relationships in this configuration.

poonam

Add new friend

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.